+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Silhouette/driver problem

Angry Silhouette/driver problem

I've tried for 4 hours now to set my Silhouette up with my computer. I loaded all the software and all the screens come up and say everything is loaded but when I get to the "Output Settings" screen its not reconizing the robo as a printer. Its saying the driver is not loaded. Can anyone help me?

I had that problem the first time but after a second time I did the install it was fine.

I am assuming you have uninstalled and reinstalled the SW, but are you installing from a disk or the Quickutz website? If a disk, go to their website and try it.

Also, how old is your PC? Even one just a couple of years old could need other updates as well. I would run a MS update to ensure everything is totally up to date.

If all the above fails, press down the windows key and then hit the pause break. Then enter the processor speed here for me.

Michelle

OH, If I remember correctly the driver is installed separately. The first time I did not follow the directions completely which might be why I had the problem.

Default Still not working

Michelle,
    Thanks for the help I tried reinstalling again but still not working. I think my anti spy software might be a problem? It keeps coming up during the installing I'm thinking that could be my problem.

5. Default

Most likely it is.

It is often recommended to turn off your security devices when installing new software, as often it can cause interference.

Visit My Blog for games, prize, and new release information

I would agree. It could be thinking that the driver is a virus preventing the it from being installed.

Let us know how it goes.

Michelle

Your anti virus should also let you choose to allow the install. But if you are still having problems and your worried to turn it off while online. Just unplug your Internet, turn off anti-virus and install. After wards remember to turn things back on and plug in Internet.

It sounds like you have not installed the driver for your windows version. Which version/s are you using? This will help figure out your pc's problem.

Ginger
    My Blog other blog FDS

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I always try to find answers before asking questions and this was the closest topic I could find.

I received my new Silhouette SD and am trying to install the software. Everything installed fine except the driver. It keeps saying "Failed to add printer."

Two questions:

When I try to add it manually, all of the options available are ROBOs... is there a specific ROBO model that the SD is akin to?

I never uninstalled my ROBO driver from my old ROBO... is it possible that if I just plug the SD in, it will work? Can I hurt anything by trying?

Thanks, as always!

Quote Originally Posted by SusieQ228 View Post
    Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I always try to find answers before asking questions and this was the closest topic I could find.

I received my new Silhouette SD and am trying to install the software. Everything installed fine except the driver. It keeps saying "Failed to add printer."

Two questions:

When I try to add it manually, all of the options available are ROBOs... is there a specific ROBO model that the SD is akin to?

I never uninstalled my ROBO driver from my old ROBO... is it possible that if I just plug the SD in, it will work? Can I hurt anything by trying?

Thanks, as always!
    Try plugging it in to see if it will manually install. That is a typical problem.

I do not know the driver name but this is what I have listed in my Graphtec file:

CC300.GPD
    CC300L..GPD
    CC330.GPD
    CC330L.GPD

I think those are driver names but it has been a while.

Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by mpluess View Post
    Try plugging it in to see if it will manually install. That is a typical problem.

I do not know the driver name but this is what I have listed in my Graphtec file:

CC300.GPD
    CC300L..GPD
    CC330.GPD
    CC330L.GPD

I think those are driver names but it has been a while.

Michelle
    I mean automatically detect the driver and install. Then reboot and bring up the SW.

+ Reply to Thread